Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Dark Musings: WoW & the Old Gods

I quit WoW quite a long time ago, back before the Burning Crusade expansion to be precise. I did try BC briefly to check out the new areas, but only gave it a couple of months. However certain things I find very interesting have drawn me back into WoW with the release of Cataclysm.

While some may contend (and I can certainly agree) that many aspects of the game have grown easier and more casual with time; the relative level of dark & nasty stuff in-game has increased quite a bit. Sure folks got a taste of some of this stuff with the opening of the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj a while back, but the Lovecraftian inclusions have never been so high in-game as they are right now.

Being a fan of eldrich & cosmic horrors, I was naturally very keen to check this content out for myself... and so I am! Hah!

Of course at this rate I may end up trying WAR again... another game I said I would never go back to. Time will tell.